Film: || Mayabazar|
Cast: || NTR, ANR, SVR, Savitri, Gummadi, Mukkamala, Mikkilineni, Rushyendramani, Chayadevi, Suryakantham, Ramana Reddy, CSR and others
Music: || Ghantasala |
Cinematography: || Markas Bartley|
Art: || Gokhale and Kaladhar |
Producers: || Nagireddy and Chakrapani |
Director: || K.V.Reddy |
Banner: || Vijaya Productions |
Color Creative Work: || C. Jagan Mohan |
Story: Shashirekha(Savitri) is a daughter of Balaramudu(Gummadi) and Revathi Devi(Chayadevi). Abhimanyudu(ANR) is the son of Arjuna and Subhadra(Rushyendramani). Balaramudu promises Subhadra to make Abhimanyudu to his son in law by doing his daughter Shashi's marriage with Abhimanyudu. When the children grow up, Pandavulu lose their kingdoms to Kouravas and are sent to forest. Knowing this fact, the greedy lady Revathi refuses Shashi's marriage with Abhimanyudu. Meanwhile, Balaramudu promises his disciple Duryodhanudu(Mukkamala) to do his son Lakshmana Kumarudu's(Relangi) marriage with Shashi. Sri Krishna(NTR) manages to solve all the problems faced by the couple Abhi and Shashi. He sends Subhadra and Abhi to Ghatotkachudu(SVR) house. In fact, Ghatotkachudu is the cousin of Abhi and the son of Bheemudu. Learning all the things, Ghatotkachudu decides to solve the issue.He goes to Dwaraka in disguise of Shashirekha and creates 'Mayabazar'. He also makes several witchcrafts in such a way they lead to teach a big lesson to Kouravulu for their conspiracy. Finally, the story ends happily by the marriage of Shashirekha and Abhimanyudu.
Artists Performance :
NTR: NTR's first movie with lord Sri Krishna get up is 'Sontha Vooru' and this the second. Audience at that moment thought NTR was a real Sri Krishna in such a way they started adoring NTR from this movie. NTR's gestures, his personality and his dignified acting mesmerise us.
ANR: ANR played the role of lover boy in this movie. His romance with Savitri made many sleepless nights to young girls those days. Though he was short, he was very handsome. Especially, in the songs 'Neevena nanu talachinadi' and 'Lahiri lahiri lahirilo' he was so good.
SVR: He was the soul of the movie. Without Ghatotkacha, there was no Mayabazar. When Ghatotkacha appeared on screen, you find huge applause from the audience. It's an indication of his importance in the movie. No any actor in this world could beat his performance in the role of Ghatotkacha.
Savitri: Though Shashirekha played only one role, she made dual performances. One is Shashirekha, with sweet looks, decent girl. Other one was quite peculiar. She had to act like Ghatotkacha and she did wonderful justice. Her action reached to peak position through the song 'Aha naa pellantaa'.
Others: Gummadi's role as Balaramudu was decent. Relangi in Lakshmana Kumarudu getup generated hilarious and memorable comedy. Chayadevi's action as a cunning lady, Rushyendramani as simple lady, Suryakantham as demon's mother all did wonderful job. CSR as Shakuni mama worth mentioning.
Story, Screenplay and Direction:
Mayabazar is completely a fictious story. We can't find this story in Mahabharata. Although, it was a fiction, people owned it as if they thought it was the real story. Full credit goes to the director KV Reddy. The screen play of this movie is regarded as the dictionary of best screen plays of tollywood.
Color Creative Work:
Color creative work by C.Jagan Mohan is terrific. No artificiality is seen. Look at the following examples.
- The garlands worn by Sri Krishna consisting of different colors as the flowers are of different colored. A mixture of white, pink and green were seen.
- Chain of pearls worn by Shashirekha was of blue colored . A nice selection of color.
- Shashirekha appears in different colored dresses in different scenes. Very cute to look at.
- Chariots seen in the first scene and the war between Ghatotkacha and Abhimanyu were set nice colors. Artistic beauty is clearly noticed.
- 'Lahiri lahiri lahirilo' is definitely a feather in this colored version's cap.
- Whenever Ghatotkacha appeared and disappeared some graphics were embedded. A great idea.
- Nee kosame ne jeevinchu nadi song again a visual beauty. Savitri's face in the moon , and was surrounded by rays of colors was nice.
Some Hidden Facts About Mayabazar:
- At first, S.Rajeswara Rao was selected as the music director, after doing two duet songs between(Neevena, Choopulu) ANR and Savitri, he had disputes with one of the producers and was withdrawn from the movie and Ghantasala was selected later.
- Though the story is based on Mahabharatha, no Pandavas are seen in this movie.
- Except ANR and Mikkilineni all other leading actors in this movie were died.
- Karna had no golden armour and sparkling ear rings.
- Laahiri lahiri lahililo song was picturized in day time.
Plus Points: All are plus points.
Disappointments: Unfortunately, super hit songs like 'Choopulu kalisina subhavela', 'Bhali bhali deva', 'Vinnava Yasodamma'-complete song were not seen in this colored version due to some technical problems.
Bottom Line: Sorry elders, it's a daring step to review this amazing movie. It's just only for the people, who do not know about this movie completely.
Daniel's Judgement: 5/5