Film: || Vedam |
Cast: || Allu Arjun, Manchu Manoj, Anushka, Manoj Bajpoy, Nagayya, Deeksha Seth, Lekha Washington, Brahmanandam, Raghubabu and others.
Music: || MM Keeravani |
Editing: || Sravan |
Producers: || Prasad Devineni, Shobhu Yarlagadda |
Direction: || Jagarlamudi Radhakrishna(Krish)|
Banner: || Arka Media |
Story: This is a story which is connected with five persons of different backgrounds and different stories. Cable Raju(Allu Arjun) lives at the slums of Jubilee Hills as a cable boy. Though he is poor at background, he leads life stylishly by cheating other people with his cunning tricks and so he makes one rich girl Pooja(Deeksha Seth) to fall in his love. Ramulu(Nagayya) is handicrafts worker from Sirisilla. Because of his poverty, he borrows money from a brick kiln owner and he fails to pay the amount back. Hence his grandson is taken away by that man and makes him a worker at his factory. He puts a condition to the old man to bring Rs.40 thousand and take his grandson. Vivek Chakravarthi(Manchu Manoj) is a rock singer, who has lots of ambitions to become a rock star. Amalapuram Saroja(Anushka) is a prostitute at Rathalu's company, however, she does like to work with that company and so she escapes and reaches Hyderabad. Raheemuddin Khureshi(Manoj Bajpoy) once gets attacked by the supporters of Hindu religion, and is suspected as a terrorist by the police. Having these different backgrounds, the climax episode brings them to spend a time at the same hospital. And unfortunately, terrorists throng to the hospital. What happens then? Watch the movie on silver screen.
Allu Arjun: His character design is the soul of the movie. Allu Arjun again proved that he is ultimate in performing cunning, cheating and naughty kind of roles. Among the five stories which were portrayed on five actors, it is Allu Arjun, whose presence every time creates enthusiasm among the audience. Besides he did good justice to sentiment scenes. However, no preference to dances were given.
Manchu Manoj: Those people who watched the movie "Bindaas" of Manoj, they definitely feel disappointed as his character design is quite passive. Unlike his Bindaas, he performed serious role in this movie. Anyhow, he did his best. Two songs and one fight were picturized on him. All are mediocre.
Anushka: Anushka takes the second best role after Allu Arjun. Perhaps, to some audience, she might take first place. This is because of her gorgeous appearance as a prostitute. It is said she lived in the role but not acted. She might have done some background work on the gestures of prostitutes.
Manoj Bajpoy: He is given good character to show his performance. He is okay.
Nagayya: His appearance suits as poor old man and creates sympathy among audience.
Others: Brahmanandam and Raghubabu generated enough comedy. Brahmanandam and Anushka conversation scene in train created good humor. However, their screen presence is restricted to only a few scenes.
- Enthasepani alaa koorchuntav..em cheddamani ikkadikochchav? - Anushka to her customer
- Naligi poye naaku veyyi(1000) puvvula vunde neeku padi vela? - Anushka to company owner
- Samvatsaram motham manam entha thaguthamu raa? - Allu Arjun to Satyam Rajesh
Gattigaa thagithe 15 velu mama -Rajesh reply
Deenamma vokka ratri thagithe 40 velaa? - Allu Arjun showing his finger at star hotel
- Evadikisthe dabbulu thirigiraavo.. ade cable raju - one person to another
- Nee perenti? - Brahmanandam to Anushka's friend.
Karpooram (Her reply)
- Ee prapancham lo rende kulalu..avi aada, maga(Allu Arjun)
- Ee aadollantha ekkadunnaaru? (Allu Arjun to Rajesh)
Ee roju cable TV lo Venkatesh cinema.(Reply)
- Memu guddalippukuni ammudupotham.. meeru guddalesukuni ammudupotharu(Anushka to police (Posani))
- Illu kattetodiki illu vuntada? cheppulu kuttetodiki cheppuluntavaa? maa bathukulu kooda anthe.(Old man)
- Ye vudyogamaina entha ekkuva anubhavamunte..antha ekkuva jeetham isharu. Kaani manaki entha thakkuva anubhavam vunte antha ekkuva istharu.
Asalu anubhavam lekapothe inkaa ekkuva isharu.
- Manushulu nakili notlanu thayaru chestharu.. kaani notlu nakili manushulni thayaru chesthayi.(swamiji to Allu Arjun)
Perugannam lo peruguntundi..kaani pulihora lo puli vuntundaa?(Arjun's reply)
- Adrushtam addam thirigithe arati pandu thinna pannu viruguddi.
Background score of Keeravani is very nice. Almost all the songs are situational. Though audio is poor, good picturization of some songs make them interesting to watch. "Egiripothe entha baaguntundi" song is highlight to watch because of Anushka's glamour. Both the songs("Pada pada pada.."and "Vedam" title song) shot one Manoj were very poor. Rupaayi song which was shot on Allu Arjun is just average.
Story, Screenplay and Direction:
Story of the movie consists of many twists. As the movie is a mixture of five different stories, there is a less chance of getting bored at any point.
Of course, it was the screen play which made the movie lively, the first half as well as the second half. When it is thought broadly, the character designs of Gali Seenu( Allari Naresh) and Cable Raju(Allu Arjun) are one and the same. First half of the movie runs for 80 minutes while second half lasts for just one hour. Both the halves are equally good. Climax of the movie is appealing. Even though, it was a tragic end, its a good finish by the Director.
- Anushka's dialogues with customer.
- Anushka's dialogues with Posani.
- Allu Arjun and Deeksha Seth's kiss scene.
- Allu Arjun's introduction scene.
1. Allu Arjun's energetic performance.
2. Anushka's gorgeous appearance as a prostitute.
3. Good screen play and story and message.
1. Poor songs.
2. Appears as a period movie at intervals.
Bottom Line: Chiranjeevi was saying to Allu Arjun about this movie, "ee cinema flop eithe nuvvu naalugu metlu diguthav..hit eithe padi metlu eduguthav." Chances are there for Allu Arjun for his edugudala.