Film: || Mahesh Khaleja |
Cast: || Mahesh Babu, Anushka, Prakash Raj, Brahmanandam, Sunil, Ali, Shafi, Subbaraju, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Tanikella Bharani and others.
Music: || Mani Sharma|
Cinematography: || Yash Bhatt |
Editing: || Srikar Prasad |
Producers: || Singanamala Rameshbabu, C.Kalyan |
Story, Screen Play, Dialogues & Direction: || Trivikram |
Banner: || Kanakaratna Movies |
Story: Seetharamaraju (Mahesh Babu) is grandson of a retired school teacher (Kota Srinivasa Rao). He is a fun loving Taxi driver and a cool guy, who accidentally meets Subhashini(Anushka). There after, whenever their meeting takes place, he gets some damage to his cab or he sustains injuries on his body. And so she becomes iron leg lady for him.
Meanwhile, he goes to a remote village of Rajasthan named 'Kaali', to give an insurance amount to the parents of his friend. Meanwhile, Siddha (Shafi), who has been eagerly waiting for a god to protect their village from the evil doers, finds Seetharamaraju, where Raju is stabbed by somebody and in a life and death situation. The villagers protect Raju and treat him as their god. At first Raju tries to convince them that he is not a god, instead an ordinary human being. However things co-incidentally do not allow him to leave them.
Afterwards, he realizes that it is his duty to protect the villagers, who are dieing one by one for unknown reasons. Having taken the task for the root cause of these deaths, he comes to know that an industrialist (Prakash Raj) is responsible for all these deaths. He in fact, wants to get the most costly metal on earth, 'Iridim" that is available in this village. And for this reason, he pollutes the water in the village which leads to the villagers deaths. Having known all these things, Seetharamaraju becomes very furious over Prakash Raj. Rest of the story leads to climax. Can Seetharamaraju protect all the villagers? Watch it on big screen.
Mahesh Babu: It is a surprise gift from Mahesh Babu to his fans that he performed humorous character amazingly. Certainly, he changed his body language compared to his previous films. He is known to have shown decent performances with less number of dialogues in his previous movies. As far as this movie is concerned, he appeared as a talkative person. His dressing and looks are equally good.
Anushka: She as usually looked gorgeous. Not only in songs, she performed skin show almost throughout the movie, in middies, minis etc. However, she was not given much priority to show her performance in this movie.
Others: Brahmanandam in a role of 'Mirium' was not used much to generate comedy. Same is the case with Sunil and Ali. It seems most of the comic part was endorsed to Mahesh Babu and so other comedians restricted to only limited portion. Praksh Raj and others are just okay. However, one actor is worth mentioning and that is Shafi, who did his job in a fantastic way. His dialogue delivery and expressions indicate that he has great acting skills.
Background work by Mani Sharma is good. Especially, the background score, when the hero is introduced as god to the villagers is good. Though the songs are good to listen, on screen they looked just average. In 'Taxi' song Mahesh Babu exhibited good dancing steps.
Story, Screenplay and Direction:
Trivikram depends completely on Mahesh Babu's performance in this movie. In 'Athadu', we find lot of directorial skills. However, in this movie most of the scenes are shot as mono actions of Mahesh Babu. Story is just single line subject, "Hero goes to Rajasthan and protects the villagers from bad people". However, screen play part was filled with complete entertainment from Mahesh Babu. Definitely, this subject is not up to the mark for Mahesh Babu's fans. First half is filled with good entertainment from Mahesh Babu, Anushka, Sunil and Ali while the second half revealed the matter that there is no grip in the subject. However we again find some interesting comedy scenes from Mahesh Babu. Dialogues by Trivikram are good but the punch levels have gone down if we compare them with his previous movie dialogues.
1. Mahesh costume designing might have been copied from Bollywood top hero Shahrukh Khan's costumes, as he dresses two or three shirts and a scarf around his neck.
2. Mahesh dialogues in the climax with Prakash Raj and Prakash Raj's performance there reminds us Pawan Kalyan's 'Gudumba Shankar' climax.
3. Mahesh calls Anushka with names like 'Subbu', 'Bangaram' , 'Nanna' etc.
4. Mahesh uses the word 'Bhayya' in this movie similar to the word 'Annayya' in Pokiri.
5. Risky shots in Mahesh's introduction scene are in fact not done by Mahesh, but by dupes.
1. Endu kochchavu ee edariki?--Sunil
Endalu baaguntaayani battalu aaresu kodaaniki vachchanu.-Mahesh reply
2. Pant vesukovadam marchipoyavaa?--Mahesh to Anushka commenting on her mini
3. No fat, no oil, no masala ivemee lekundaa evannaa vunte pattukura----Brahmanandam to server,,,Server brings glass of water.
4. Vaadi daggara condoms vunnaayani riskanipinchi akkada nundi parigethi vachchesanu--Anushka to Mahesh
Naa daggara avi levu nenu inkaa risku neeku--Mahesh reply
5. Nee navvu varam, nee kopam maaku shaapam, nee maata saasanam.--Village head to Mahesh
6. Evvadu kodithe dimma thirigi brain blank avuthundo adi nenu--Mahesh to villain
7. Chesthe comedy nene cheyyali. Inkevvadaina chesthe nenu voorukonu.--Mahesh
8. Maree intha over expectations thattukleka pothunnanu.--Mahesh
9. Naakasale siggu. Bathroom lo kooda towel kattukuni snanam chesthanu.ŚMahesh
- Mahesh Babu's excellent hilarious performance.
- Anushka's glamour.
- Other comedians.
- No story.
- Poor picturization of songs.
- No gripping element in the second half.
Bottom Line: Watch it just for entertainment and for a time pass, but do not expect anything extra.