Film: || Brindavanam |
Cast: || NTR, Kajal, Samantha, Prakash Raj, Srihari, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Ahuti Prasad, Brahmanandam, Venumadhav, Raghubabu, Ajay, Sana, Surekhavani and others.|
Music: || Thaman |
Cinematography: || Chota K.Naidu |
Editing: || Marthand K.Venkatesh |
Producer: || Dil Raju |
Direction: || Vamsi Pydipalli |
Banner: || Sri Venkateswara Creations |
Story: Krish(NTR) is a rich young guy and the son of Mukhesh Rishi. Krish loves Indu(Samantha) who is a student of an engineering college. One day, she seeks of the help of Krishna to save the life of her friend Bhoomi(Kajal), whose marriage is settled to her brother-in-law Ajay without her consent. To stop this marriage, NTR accepts to act as her boy friend and goes to her village 'Lakshmi Puram'.
Bhoomi's father Prakash Raj is the head of the village. Prakash Raj and Srihari are step brothers, who have strong rivalry between them and Srihari is expelled from the house and remain stays at nearby village. Kota Srinivasa Rao is the father of both these brothers. Soon after reaching the house (Brindavanam) of Bhoomi, Krish comes to know that there is no love and affection among the family members, and he decides not only to stop the marriage of Bhoomi but also to settle the issues and disputes of the family members as well as the disputes between the brothers.
The story takes turn when Indu comes to Srihari's house. Also it is known that both Indu and Bhoomi are cousins. Further scenes lead to triangular love story of Krish, Indu and Bhoomi. Remaining part of the movie is filled with some action scenes. Can Krish achives his goal of joining both the families? Whom does he marry? Indu or Bhoomi? Watch the answers on big screen.
NTR: NTR is as usually extremely good at his dancing skills. His special steps in the song 'Chinnadovaipu Peddadovaipu' are good. Also, his steps were good in the first song 'Yuvakula Manasaina' song. Performance in sentimental scenes was good. He changed his dialogue modulation to articulate powerful dialogues with low pitch voice. Earlier, he used to shout while delivering powerful dialogues. His fights were not up to the mark, as in almost all the fights, wire work was used. He was good looking with partly trimmed moustaches and beard.
Kajal and Samantha: These two glamorous heroines added fragrance and color to the movie. Comparatively, Kajal appeared more glamorous than Samantha. She was seen as a village girl and in half sarees. On the other hand, Samantha was completely appeared with different look when comparing with her previous movie, 'Ye Maaya Chesave'. She could not do that much maaya in this movie. She was mostly seen in modern dresses like Jeans, T-shirts, gowns etc. As far as performance is concerned, Kajal was given good number of sentimental scenes. She was ok. Of course Samantha too.
Others: Prakash Raj and Srihari are equally done their characters at their best. Srihari as usually used his Telangana slang while Prakash Raj did some serious performance. Brahmanandam and Venu Madhav generated some good humor in the second half. Ahuthi Prasad, Raghubabu and others did their work well.
Songs of Thaman are ok. He concentrated mostly in giving mass numbers. 'Chinnado vaipu' and 'Nijamaina' songs are good at picturization. Background work is average. He mostly used drums and jazz during the fight sequences.
Story, Screenplay and Direction:
Vamsi Pydipally has selected a routine story for this movie. Hundreds of movies on Telugu screen came up with this kind of stories. Almost all the scenes are predictable. Buy still, the movie had its grip, as it is filled with good entertainment scenes and good sentimental scenes. Second half is a bit better as it consists of the humorous scenes between NTR, Brahmanandam and Venu Madhav. However, triangular love story point again made a bit boring. On a whole, the director did a good job in giving good mass masala movie.
1. Old melody song 'Brindavanamadi Andaridi' song is seen in titles of the movie.
2. As expected earlier, NTR is not seen in Lord Sri Krishna getup, he just simply wore a crown on his head and held a flute in his hands.
3. 'Brindavanam' house set was superb.
4. Senior NTR's appearance in Sri Krishna getup generated amazing response in theaters.
1. City ninchochchadoo..choddaniki soft gaa lover boy laa vunnadanukuntunaavemo...character kothagaa vundani try chesanu.Lopala original alage vundi.Daanni bayatiki teesanante rachcha rachche.
2. Maa nanneppudoo antuntaadu.Ee state lo vunna ekaika pellikani kathi lanti kurraanni nenenani--NTR to Kajal
3. Veseyyalanukunnappu veseyyadame..Naaku addochchavanuko vesestha.-NTR to villains.
4. Nuvvu mamoolu natudivi kaadu. Nata saarvabhoumudivi.--Venumadhav to NTR
5. Nuvvu naaku nachchaledoo...nachchaledoo ani endukantunnano telusa....ekkada naadu nachchesthavonani.--Prakash Raj to NTR
6. Asalu vaanni preminchani manishee....manasoo...vundarraaa.--Kota Srinivasa Rao about NTR
7. Em brathukuraa idee..ani manalni choosi evaroo anukokoodadu.Manam chachchakaa em brathikaadraa veedu. ani manalni choosi anukovali andaroo--NTR to Ahuthi Prasad and Raghubabu.
- NTR's performance and dances.
- Picturization of songs like 'Yuvakula', 'Nijamaina' and 'Chinnado Vaipu'
- Kajal and Samantha's glamour.
- Entertaining scenes between NTR, Brahmanandam and Venumadhav
- Old story.
- More number of sentiment scenes in first half and in second half too.
- Lack of youth touch in the story.
Bottom Line: Watch it for NTR's performance and family element. The movie gets big range if youth too embrace this movie.