Film: || Parama Veera Chakra |
Cast: || Balakrishna, Ameesha Patel, Sheela, Neha Dhupia, Jayasudha, Rajpremi, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Murali Mohan, Vijay Kumar, Vijaya Chandar, Ashok Kumar, Brahmanandam, Ali, Hema and others.|
Music: || Mani Sharma |
Cinematography: || Ramana Raju |
Editing: || Goutam Raju |
Producer: || C. Kalyan |
Story, Screenplay & Direction: || Dasari Narayana Rao |
Banner: || Teja Cinema |
Story: Chakradhar (Balakrishna) is a film hero, who has great acting skills and capable of performing roles like Ravana Brahma, Komaram Bheem, Labour leader etc. His mother (Jayasudha) does not like her son to be as a film hero instead her wish was to see her son as an army major. Meanwhile, Jyothika (Sheela), a fan of Chakradhar woos him. One day, an officer (Murali Mohan) from the army happens to meet Chakradhar and narrates a storyline to him and wants him to make it as a movie. The story is about an army major Jayasimha. Having got interested with the narration of the story, Chakradhar gets deeply involved in the story. Later, he comes to know that the story narrated by the military officer is a real one, and also he comes to know that major Jayasimha is court marshaled and treated as a criminal by the army under the charges of planning for conspiracy to help the rival country Pakistan. However, it is not believed by the officers that Jayasimha committed crime. So, they place Chakradhar in the place of Jayasimha who is actually in coma. Now, Chakradhar's task is to prove Jayasimha as the genuine patriot. Can he fulfill his task? Can the real conspirators of the country be caught? Watch the answers on big screen.
Balakrishna: He was terrific in his performance. Especially his trade mark lengthy dialogue delivery with perfect diction received accolades from the audience. In his Komaram Bheem get up, Ravana Brahma get up and his dialogues in climax court scene were outstanding. His make-up was apt. Dances were ok.
Ameesha Patel: She looked 40+. It is a million dollar question that why the director had selected this faded out heroine. Anyway, her character was restricted to just one song and few scenes.
Sheela: She was cute and acted as a bubby girl. She was good at her part.
Neha Dhupia: She was seen in a vamp-like character. She too was restricted to few scenes. She was okay.
Others: 'Robo' parody track between Brahmanandam, Ali and Hema received just a mediocre response from the audience. Other also did justice to their parts.
Music by Mani Sharma was poor. Background score was just average. 'Mitra mitra' and 'Pedavi Erupekka' songs were good. Picturization of 'Komaram Bheem burrakatha' was good.
Story, Screenplay, Dialogues and Direction:
Dasari Narayana Rao came up with his 1980s style of narration in this movie. Dialogues written by him suited well for Balakrishna. Screenplay was good in parts in the first half. Balakrishna's Hero character, introducing the movie with 'Bobbili Puli' dialogues of NTR and Ravana Brahma get up of Balakrishna are good. However, the director lost his grip in the second half. The narration was slow. The movie was boring until Chakradhar's character was set in the place of major role. Court scene in the climax reminds the court scene in 'Bobbili Puli' movie. On a whole, the screen play and direction of the movie did not meet the demands of present day generation. Maybe It is time for Dasari to think about his retirement.
1. The movie starts with the court scene of 'Bobbili Puli' with NTR dialogues, straightaway it follows 'Ravana Brahma' character of Balakrishna. Both the scenes received huge applause from the audiences.
2. Balakrishna's dialogue 'Nuvvu puli vi maatrame.. nenu simhanni' indicates that Dasari was targetting Pawan Kalyan.
3. Balakrishna's dialogue 'Okadi venta 10 mandi MLA lu vunte chaalu. Raashtramanthaa vaadi amma mogudi soththulaa feel avutaru' received good applause as it was an indirect comment on either Y.S.Jagan or Chiranjeevi.
4. Directors like Singeetam Srinivasa Rao, Srinu Vytla, Boyapati Srinu, producer D.Rama Naidu, actress Roja appeared at intervals.
5. 'Parama Veera Chakra' title logo design reminds us 'Samara Simha Reddy' title logo design.
1. Reppoddunnaa annee kalisosthe maa hero gaaru kooda CM avutaru.-- Boyapati Srinu to Jayasudha
2. Nuvvu puli vi maatrame..nenu simhaanni.-- Balakrishna to villain
3. Nenu action lo vundagaa reaction vundakoodadu.-- Balakrishna
4. Adadi devatha antaam, poojalu chesthaam. Kaani nammam.- Balakrishna
5. Where police fails, there military enters -- Balakrishna court scene dialogue
6. Ammayi ki vayasu eppudosthundi?-- A person to Ali
Pyta vesthe vasthundi.-- Ali's reply.
Mari abbayilaku vayasu eppdosthundi?
Aa pyta theesthe vasthundi.- Ali's reply.
7. After all cinema hero vi.Nuvvem chesthaav? -- Vijaya Kumar to Balakrishna
Cinema hero ani silly gaa choodaku. Delhi peethanni kadilinchina charitra maadi.--Balakrishna's reply.
- Balakrishna's performance.
- Brahmanandam, Ali comedy to some extent.
- Poor music.
- Boring second half.
- Age old formula based story.
Bottom Line: Dasari's unending flop saga continues.