Film: || Katha Screenplay Darsakatvam Appalaraju |
Cast: || Sunil, Swathi, Sakshi Gulati, Brahmanandam, Raghu Babu, Harsha Vardhan, Kota Srinivasa Rao, Adarsh, Ali, Krishna Bhagavan, M.S and others.|
Music: || Koti|
Cinematography: || Sudhakar Yekkanti |
Editing: || Praveen Pudi |
Producer: || Kiran Kumar Koneru |
Direction: || Ram Gopal Varma |
Banner: || Shreya Productions |
Appalaraju (Sunil) from Amalapuram has a strong passion for directing movies and so he leaves for Hyderabad though his father (Chalapathi Rao) is reluctant to his son's wish. Appalaraju meets Rakhi (Raghu Babu) and the producer and creative head Pushpanand (Harsha Vardhan). He tells them about his wish to direct a lady oriented tragic film 'Nayaki'. Subsequently his search for cast begins and he gets the call sheets of star hero K.T. (Ajay) and heroine Kanishka (Sakshi Gulati). The movie is financed by local rowdy Srisailam (Brahmanandam). Meanwhile, he recruits four assistant directors and one among them is Krishna (Swathi). His troubles get started when another star hero Babu garu (Adarsh) tries to make Appalaraju's movie an utter flop. He takes the help from several sources like electronic media, web sites and even local rowdies to create bad propaganda on the movie. Remaining part of the story deals with whether Appala Raju finishes his movie or not and whether it gets success or fails?
Sunil: Sunil has done his job extremely well. Even though there is no need to show his dances, he showed some extraordinary dance movements in such a way he sent clear signals to the producers about how fit is he in dances. He reminds us Chiranjeevi when he is dancing. He showed balanced performance in this movie.
Others: Colors Swathi still needs a bit more fat. Her dialogue delivery is as usually quick and accurate. Sakshi Gulati was too hot in the song 'Yemetti Penchare'. Brahmanandam reminds us 'Khan Dada' role of 'Money'. He generated a few laughs in the theater. Others were okay.
Koti's music was apt and some of the songs like 'Evadabba sommu', 'Maya Bazaar' and 'Yemetti' were well composed. Background score too was good. He used his old super hit tunes for his background work like 'Anaganaga akasam undi' etc.
Story, Screenplay and Direction:
Ram Gopal Varma came up with a very good concept. He wanted to show how much pain a director feels when his script gets a lot of amendments due to others involvement. However, when it comes to the screenplay, he could not give better output as the movie lacks enough speed and required grace. First song and the climax scene of the movie were well filmed. The movie was good in parts but on a whole, it is a boring movie.
1. RGV criticized himself two or three times in the movie through the dialogues of Sunil.
2. He also criticized two popular websites for their reviews and ratings. They are NobrainDotcom - E.V. and greatindiaDotcom.
3. Whenever Chiranjeevi's wall poster was seen in the movie, there was huge applause from the audience.
4. Satires on film personalities were not seen as much as it was expected earlier.
5. It was Gurram awards in the place of Nandi awards.
1. Prathi nirmaatha venakaa vo goonda vuntadu.-- Harsha Vardhan
2. Kantitho choosthe order.. Kannu therachi choosthe murder.-- Brahmanandam
3. Kannu thadisthe sentiment... Debba thagilithe ointment -- Brahmanandam
4. Gannukuntundi kannneeru. Bullet kuntundi panneeru.-- Brahmanandam
- Good music.
- Sunil's performance.
- Boring narration.
Comedy is not up to the mark.
Bottom Line: RGV's 'Katha Screenplay Darsakatvam' failed.